Thursday, March 6, 2014

I thought I'm gonna die but I didn't...

I had the worst of Asthma Attack last night. I started to believe that during that moment I am going to die. But I did not. I am glad I did not and I am now writing this.

My Asthma History:

I was born with asthma, an inheritance my parents gave me. I do not blame them. It is in our genes.

I grew up normal. I could run, play and do normal things.

My asthma doesn't occur that much. It stopped when I was 6 years old.

When I turn 16 I learned to smoke. I have been clean now for over 4 years. I just stopped and it’s good for me.

But after I stopped, I noticed that I get more asthma attacks. I came to Dubai 2006 and it then starts to come by. Once a week. Once or twice a month. And sometimes every day. Depending on the weather and my health. Though I am normally healthy I get to have attacks. Mild and sometimes wild.

Recently, I have checked with the doctor and everything went well. I have no exclusion of what I can do. I am healthy. But I have asthma that could be triggered by an Allergy or Emotional Stress.

I have been thinking a lot lately. Count it again; been few weeks, I just remember. I have been stressed out. Particularly a kind of emotional. Not the crying type. More of a suppressed emotional. But, it is still emotion.

This must be the reason why I got a terrible asthma attack last night. It felt like there is something so heavy on my chest. I could not breathe. I tried so hard. I could not get air like normal and I felt a terrible need to puke. I almost passed out in the toilet when I couldn't stop throwing-up. I get dehydrated. I felt really weak.

I am lucky I got roommates with me that night that drove me to get my medicine from the nearest pharmacy; hospital is just an option.

I took 3 puff of Ventolin; in a matter of few seconds I started to calm down. The block on my chest that is causing me to breathe in difficulty is now slowly going away. But I am feeling terribly dizzy, weak and sleepy. 

I slept immediately when we arrived home. Wake-up the next morning with headache. I have no appetite for breakfast. I feel too tired. But Alhamdulillah! I have no more Asthma. It stopped. Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment