Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Benefit of the Doubt is Charity

There was this little voice inside me that keeps whispering so many tempting little ideas. Sometimes I ask this voice “Are you my Woman Instinct?” Sometimes I ask “Do you think this is logical what you are trying to say?” And most of the time I just ignore it.

But, I was born curious. I did what I have to do. Like a little child. A very creative way to find out the truth has been placed in action. And in my astonishment I did get a quick response.  It wasn’t too pleasant. I am hurting while I am writing this (right now). But, I am all composed and wanted to share something:


"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and short comings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other." -Marvin J. Ashton

And I THOUGHT: "It is just fair that I reserved the rights of another person for the “Benefit of the Doubt”."

While REMINDING myself that: "There is a big difference between giving someone the benefit of the doubt and turning a blind eye to anything someone does just because you like them a lot. Being generous and understanding are great qualities, just make sure someone doesn't use them all up on you. Kindness should be appreciated, not taken advantage of."  -Doe Zantamata

No comments:

Post a Comment