Monday, February 3, 2014

Girl Scout Style



I am never good in the kitchen.
I know how to make my own food based on “instant”, anything instant.
A friend of mine thought me one day of a recipe and it clicked.
Did it once and yep… seems like it’s a good try.

The secret?

Cook it Girl Scout Style.

Well, I shared a love with a normal pork-eating-people when I was younger. I love Lechon Paksiw.

Now that I am converted and it is Haram for me to eat such I thought I have to find a way how to make it without violating anything. I mean without the Haram meat.

And then I had Erwin (a former Boy Scout of the Philippines) thought me how to make a descent Lechon Paksiw.

Turns out to be basic but instead of Pork I used CHICKEN. Everything else is the same; the ingredients as well as the way you cook it but because we are talking about cooking it Girl Scout Style; I do shortcuts. Which of course I made sure won’t be harming the essence of the original Lechon Paksiw.

If one day I get to cook it again I will make sure I will share it here. Even though I doubt that most of you were already an excellent cook.





No comments:

Post a Comment