Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My fear and how I face it

On the way to work today I was thinking a lot of the weather. Because last night I saw the moon; it was so gorgeous. I thought it would be great to dive at night. Ah! The thought of diving at night is an ultimate dream for me. Yeah! I have to go back diving again. Soon enough, the weather will be good for me and I can go back diving and swimming as much as I want to. 

Let me share to you something that I love. I did not know I will love it that on the first thought I get extremely scared. But then, I was given a chance; on my 29th birthday I was asked "What do you want for a gift?"  Well, I said "I'd love to do sky diving before I turn 30 but... let me think about what I really want and get back to you." And then just before I turn 29 I have decided (after of course reading, asking and browsing endlessly about it) that I would take-up Scuba Diving rather than Sky Diving. For the following two reasons:

1. Sky Diving is done only once. If you get licensed then you can do it again and again. I think I don't have this as an option. It is on my bucket list but not on my budget list (for hobbies).

And 

2. Scuba Diving will let me see the underwater world where I can only see in an animated movie or Discovery Channel. It will open up a new circle of friendship. And, I can always upgrade and keep learning. Most importantly Scuba Diving will give me a chance to conquer my ultimate fear: The DEEP WATERS!

And so I got my gift after the confirmation and went in to classes. The excitement it gives me. The adventure, the nerves I have to crack. The exhilaration of every single part of my brain when I think about going deep. The fulfillment of getting every exam and dive done. It was something I could've not experienced if I let my fear get in the way. 

Have you had your fear tackled? Do it! Because you might not know; it can open a new path of Passion for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment